The mission of Carl Sandburg College is to provide all students with opportunities for success.
Where dreams come to life, and lives come to change.
Priorities & Goals
A. Student Access and Success
- Create, market and implement educational programs to meet the needs of our district.
- Create opportunities for students to have access to higher education.
- Prepare students for their educational goals (i.e. adult and developmental education, financial aid, counseling, employability skills).
- Provide student support services to ensure student success.
- Create opportunities for lifelong learning.
B. Teaching and Learning
- Ensure student learning and outcomes are achieved at all program levels (i.e. class, course, and program levels including general education outcomes).
- Ensure and increase student retention and success.
- Re-affirm a commitment which recognizes the need for diversity.
- Create opportunities for all within the College community to interact with understanding, appreciation and respect for others.
- Ensure quality of educational programs, learning environments and support services through continuous improvement.
C. Community Alliances
- Expand partnerships with four-year colleges and universities.
- Work collaboratively with K-12 school districts.
- Develop programs in cooperation with neighboring institutions.
- Work with local industry and workforce partners to build relationships to strengthen the workforce.
D. Operational Sustainability and Excellence
- Embed the use of data into the culture for decision-making.
- Develop and utilize an enrollment management plan to stabilize and guide the institution's enrollment.
- Establish and maintain effective technology in academic programs and support functions.
- Ensure professional development opportunities are available to all employees.
- Ensure the financial stability of the College.
- Maintain a competitive compensation program to enable the College to attract and retain a quality workforce.
- Commit to diversity in hiring.
- Maintain and refresh all College facilities.
- Commit to all feasible sustainability efforts.
- Insure compliance with accrediting bodies and governmental agencies.