For the fourth straight year in which it’s been eligible, Carl Sandburg College has been named the national champion in the Small Colleges category of the Digital Community Colleges Survey by e.Republic’s Center for Digital Education.
This marks the fifth time overall that Sandburg has been honored as the best in its category, which includes community colleges with less than 5,000 students. It’s also the ninth straight time the College has placed in the top 10 of its class. Sandburg served as a contributor for the 2016 survey and was not eligible to receive any awards.
The College provides:
- Wireless access throughout the entire campus,
- Charging stations in each building,
- Multiple computer labs in various locations around campus, includingA051,
- Building B (when classes are not in session),
- outside the Bookstore,
- D lobby, and
- 40 stations in the Tech Help area of the library.
- Laptops and iPads that can be checked out (items must remain in the library).
- Learning management system for online course access
Every classroom can be a virtual classroom, allowing for off campus attendance via webinar software or more recently, telepresence robots! The robots provide more opportunity for student-to-student interaction as well as student-teacher and classroom engagement.
- 3D & 4D Applications for Virtual Learning
- 3D printing
- Amazon Echo
- Apple TV & iPad Carts
- Over 30 classrooms equipped with Apple Tv
- Atomic Learning
- Over 30,000 Computer & Soft-skill training videos
- Cloud-based Office 365
- Students, faculty & staff provided with cloud-based storage & online apps
- Flexible Learning Spaces
- Relaxed setting: brainstorming wall; mobile technology pods
- Flipped Classrooms
- Go Pro Camera
- Interactive Projection Wlass
- KAPP board
- digital whiteboard delivery system
- transform microscope into laboratory discovery tool using digital device (iphone/ipad)
- Microsoft Skype for Business
- OERCI-Oopen Education Resource Initiative
- Cost savings to students as of Spring 2017-over $560,000
- One Button Studio
- Video Studio for students.
- No training or supervision needed
- Theta 360 degree Camera
- Telepresence Robot
- New Website - Spring 2017
In need of Technology Help? Students can visit the Tech Help Desk located in the Library and available whenever the Library is open. This is a great resource for students to utilize.