Before you register for classes, you must have these steps completed:
1. Visit the Welcome Center to start the new student process.
We will help start your process for becoming a new student at Sandburg. Call (309) 345-3500 today to set up your appointment.
2. Complete the Sandburg Application for Admission.
Go to recruiter.sandburg.edu and click on Create New Account to start the application. After you have created an account, you will have access to the application.
3. Request an official high school transcript indicating date of graduation, class rank and courses completed, or an official GED score report to be sent to the Records Office. Official transcripts must be sent directly from each post-secondary institution attended, including transcripts from colleges from which courses were taken while enrolled in high school. The mailing address is Carl Sandburg College, 2400 Tom L. Wilson Blvd., Galesburg, IL 61401.
4. Complete the COMPASS placement exam
Call the Assessment Center at (309) 345-3500 to make an appointment. To view the COMPASS test dates go to Test Dates
5. Complete the New Student Online Orientation
Complete the New Student Orientation. This must be completed before you can schedule an appointment with an advisor.
6. Schedule an appointment to meet with a advisor to map out your education plan and to register for classes.
Appointments may be made by calling
Galesburg Campus (309) 341-5237
Carthage Campus (217) 357-3129 ext. 4467
Bushnell Campus (309) 772-2177 ext. 4444
7. Make a plan for funding your education.
Complete the FAFSA: Free Application for Federal Student Aid by going to www.fafsa.ed.gov
Make a payment or sign up for the payment plan FACTS.
NOTE: Some academic programs have special admissions requirements. Please consult the various academic programs for additional information or call the Welcome Center at (309) 345-3500.