Welding/ Shielded Metal Arc
This one-semester program is designed to provide the graduate with skills needed to enter employment in local industry as an entry-level welding supervisor for construction firms, agricultural enterprises, and heavy machine fabrication that emphasizes training in Shielded Metal ARC welding. The welding program emphasizes welding skill proficiency through lab activities and projects as learning activities. All the courses contain essential components required for success in industry today such as mathematics, communication, attendance, and productivity.
Industrial & Manufacturing
Area industrial leaders, Carl Sandburg College, and the Galesburg Business and Technology Center have joined forces to provide state-of-the-art industrial training. The Center for Manufacturing Excellence (CME) offers a variety of industrial training opportunities for employees of area industries, as well as for the general public. The 30,000-square-foot Center for Manufacturing Excellence facility is located on the Main Campus of Carl Sandburg College in Galesburg to house short-term and long-term industrial training programs and a manufacturing incubator. Cutting-edge technology will allow companies to meet their customers’ needs and demands.
- Increased labor pool to replace retiring workers
- Increased selection for new hires
- Overall increased quality of work force
- Overall increased quality of manufacturing in western Illinois
- Increased technical expertise of existing work force
Admission to the Program: Open
- Complete an application for admission and, if desired, apply for financial aid.
- Send an official high school transcript or GED score report to the Admissions and Records Office.
- Complete the placement exam, COMPASS.
- Meet with an advisor/counselor to select classes and complete the registration process.