Industrial And Manufacturing
Area industrial leaders, Carl Sandburg College, and the Galesburg Business and Technology Center have joined forces to provide state-of-the-art industrial training. The Center for Manufacturing Excellence (CME) offers a variety of industrial training opportunities for employees of area industries, as well as for the general public.
The 30,000-square-foot Center for Manufacturing Excellence facility is located on the Main Campus of Carl Sandburg College in Galesburg to house short-term and long-term industrial training programs and a manufacturing incubator. Cutting-edge technology will allow companies to meet their customers’ needs and demands.
- Increased training opportunities for existing employees
- Faster turn-around times for necessary employee training
- State-of-the-art training for the region
- Reduced travel costs associated with employee training
- Increased labor pool to replace retiring workers
- Increased selection for new hires
- Overall increased quality of work force
- Overall increased quality of manufacturing in western Illinois
- Increased technical expertise of existing work force
The Future of Industry
The Center for Manufacturing Excellence provides the industrial community with a higher level of quality in their work force. Because of changing technology in industry and an increasingly competitive global economy, qualified employees who can work with precision machines and adapt to changing technologies are a must. In addition, according to national statistics, one-third of current manufacturing employees are near retirement and, with their retirement, companies will lose many years of experience that will be hard to replace. To compound the problem, there are fewer and fewer people choosing an industrial career. Because of these issues, the industrial leaders in the area, the Galesburg Business and Technology Center, and Carl Sandburg College have joined together to bring forth a solution to the shortage of technologically skilled employees.