Accounting Associate in Applied Science
This program is designed for the student who desires to prepare for employment in the accounting function of many different types of organizations. Manufacturing, distributions, marketing and sales, governmental, and non-profit organizations all require competent accounting personnel to keep accurate records and provide analysis of the effect of management decisions on day-to-day business activities. Satisfactory completion of this curriculum will provide competence for positions in accounting.
This program is designed for the student who desires to work as an assistant to an accountant or accounting professional. Per-sons who take positions as accounting assistants need competence in the theory and practice of areas such as accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, merchandise accounting and fixed asset accounting. Standard record keeping practices are also required. Satisfactory completion of this certificate program will provide an appropriate background for a entry level position as a bookkeeper or an assistant in an accounting department.
Students have the opportunity to make the business programs work with their schedule. Students in business and accounting programs utilize computers regularly throughout their coursework.
- Day and evening classes; lab classes; online classes
- Small class size allows for individual attention
- Quality education at an affordable price
- Range of programs to meet the students needs
- Graduates are prepared for the workforce and can make their degrees and certificates work for them continuing education available to those already in the field.
The Future of Business Management & Administration/ Finance
Employment for accountants is expected to grow faster than average for all occupations through the year 2014. An increase in the number of businesses, changing financial laws and regulations, and increased scrutiny of company finances will drive growth.
Employers are seeking applicants with strong interpersonal and communication skills. They must be able to communicate accounting and financial information clearly and concisely. Regardless of one’s qualifications, however, competition will remain keen for the most prestigious jobs in major accounting and business firms.
Admission to the Program: Open
- Complete an application for admission and, if desired, apply for financial aid.
- Send an official high school transcript or GED score report to the Admissions and Records Office.
- Complete the placement exam, COMPASS.
- Meet with an advisor/counselor to select classes and complete the registration process.