Full-tuition scholarships will be available for students with an ACT score of 27 or higher and with a grade point average of at least 3.75. Recipients must maintain a cumulative college GPA of 3.5 each semester for renewal.
Half-tuition scholarships will be available for students with an ACT score of 25 or higher with at least a 3.5 GPA. Recipients must maintain a cumulative college GPA of 3.25 or higher each semester for renewal.
The award is tentatively based on a student’s sixth- and seventh-semester high school transcripts, and the final award will be contingent on the student meeting all requirements with his or her final high school transcript.
The full scholarship will be awarded to a maximum of 20 students on a first-come, first-served basis and will pay up to 64 credits over two years at Sandburg as long as the student maintains the required cumulative GPA. Applications are accepted the year you graduate from high school and limited to accredited high schools within the Sandburg district.
To apply, complete the following steps by March 15:
- Apply for admission to Sandburg
- Complete the Scholarship Application and FAFSA
- Complete the Scholarship Application: On mySandburg, choose "Student Apps", "Scholarship Application" button and apply for general scholarships.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.gov
- Submit your six or seventh semester high school transcript.
Students selected for the scholarship will receive a letter from the college. In order for funds to be applied to the students account, a final high school transcript will be required prior to the first day of fall semester.
For more information, contact Mollye Craterfield at 309.341.5230 or firstname.lastname@example.org