Your Award Notification shows the types and amounts of financial assistance you are expected to receive at Carl Sandburg College. To understand your award notification be sure to read all the information carefully.
- The amounts you are eligible to receive are based on the information you supplied on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- The award letter will show the terms and the amount awarded per term.
- The awards are based on full time enrollment and will be prorated based on the particular award rules.
- If you wish to decline a particular award, you may notify the financial aid office in writing of the award you wish to cancel.
- If you receive other aid not listed on the award notification, it is your responsibility to notify our office of the source and dollar amount.
- Check mySandburg for the most updated award amounts to use as a reference whenever you have questions about your financial aid package and to provide to agencies that may ask for your summary of awards being received.
- If aid from outside sources causes you to exceed your calculated “financial need”, we are required to reduce your FWS, SEOG, or Direct Loan.
- A job is not guaranteed with Federal Work Study, and you are not guaranteed to earn your entire award.
Grants are gift aid that does not have to be repaid. Loans require repayment. If your award includes “EST” in the name, it is estimated and could change.
Changes, Corrections or Special Conditions
Corrections or changes to the information you originally submitted on your FAFSA may result in a revision to your financial aid award. If you have unusual circumstances (i.e. loss of job, death of parent, etc.) that were not reported on the FAFSA, or if your family's situation has changed since you completed your application, contact our Financial Aid Office at 309.341.5283.