Open Education Resource Course Initiative at Carl Sandburg College (started Fall 2014)
- The purpose of OERCI is to provide support and opportunities for Carl Sandburg College faculty to use OER's in their courses and save students money by reducing textbook requirements and increasing the number of textbook free courses.
Please note that original numbers reported through Spring 2016 included reduced cost textbooks (including FlatWorld Knowledge that began as free and reported as OER that are now charging). Newest data will not reflect anything other than truly OER courses and cost savings. Courses using FlatWorld and other low-cost alternatives are no longer included in the data.
Faculty OERCI blog (documenting experiences of teaching with open education resources)
- Heather Hotz (converting a course to TEXTBOOK FREE-2016)
- James Hutchings (completed converting a course to TEXTBOOK FREE-Feb 2015)
- Jill Johnson (completed converting a course to TEXTBOOK FREE-Dec 2014)
- Dave Kellogg (converting a course to TEXTBOOK FREE-2016)
- Lara Roemer (completed converting a course to TEXTBOOK FREE- Dec 2014)
- John White (converting a course to TEXTBOOK FREE-2016)
OERCI Resources (all links current as of 12/2015)
- findoer (Open Professional Education Network) (added 5/2015)
- MIT open courseware
- open.umn.edu/opentextbooks (Open Textbook Library-very good source!)
- opencourselibrary (added 5/2015) (site continually updated)
- openstaxcollege (site continually updated)