Opportunities posted with the Career Development Office are advertisements received from employers and job search sites. No guarantee of employment is stated or implied. Please call Tracy Engstrom, Coordinator, at 309.341.5246 with questions.
Bookkeeper - Galesburg, IL (3/21/17)
Martin Sullivan is a family owned and operated, 4th generation, large and small ag dealership. It was established in 1926 at a farmhouse in Roanoke IL and has grown into a multi-location corporation with 13 locations in central and western Illinois. It has the cultural feel of the small town environment with the development benefits of a larger corporation. We are looking for a bookkeeper to join our business office.
- Process all whole goods related sales transactions (settlements, invoicing, delivery receipts, etc.); assist with accounts payable activities, including coding and entering invoices for parts, complete goods, running check cycles and filing. Various data entry and accounting duties. Other duties as assigned.
- Verifies the completeness and accuracy of sales information needed for invoice processing.
- Process delivery receipts and warranty registrations.
- Ensure all eligible programs are applied to the sale.
- Invoice equipment sales and rental in the business system to customer accounts as needed.
- Communicate with various co-workers, including salesmen, management and peers.
- Enter invoices into accounts payable system.
- Distributes invoices as needed for proper processing and verify proper approval.
- Prepare and process checks or online payments.
- Knowledge of agriculture equipment industry is a plus, but not required.
- Understands accounting fundamentals.
- Ability to use standard desktop applications such as Microsoft Excel, Outlook and internet functions.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Associates Degree in accounting/finance preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
Apply online at http://www.martinsullivan.com. Click on Careers.
Teller - Galesburg, IL (2/27/17)
Wells Fargo seeks applicants for a teller position.
- 1+ year of experience interacting with people or customers
- Ability to navigate multiple computer systems, applications, and utilize search tools to find information
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- Cash handling experience
- Customer service focus with the ability to stay positive in interactions with customers and team members
- Experience offering products and services
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Good communication skills including speaking clearly, succinctly, and accurately while using a pleasant tone and common conversational courtesies
- Ability to meet or exceed performance objectives
**Multilingual speakers are encouraged to apply. Apply online at: http://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/. Click on “Search Jobs.”
Corporate Accountant - Monmouth, IL (2/20/17)
Warren Achievement Center is accepting applications for a corporate accountant—full time, benefits. Responsible for inventory of capital assets and equipment, grant reporting and assist with grant applications. Provide back-up to CFO. Assist in the preparation of monthly financial reports, year-end close and audit preparation. Assist with budget process and support Business Oﬃce. Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent, plus three years’ experience in a related field, or Associates degree in a related field.
Apply on-line at http://www.warrenachievement.com or get an application at 1220 E. 2nd Ave., Monmouth, IL 61462. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.
Full-Time Court Filer - Galesburg, IL (3/15/17)
Firefly Legal, Inc., a leading provider in the process serving industry, is seeking a full-time Court Filer to provide support to our office in Galesburg, IL.
The person in this position will be responsible for picking up legal documents from our clients, transporting the documents to local courthouses, and ensuring proper and timely filing in compliance with local rules and procedures, as well as providing administrative support within our office which includes data entry, filing and document scanning. Frequent, daily driving throughout the Galesburg area is required in this position.
Professionalism, attention to detail and a high level of responsibility and integrity are essential. In order to be eligible for this position, you must possess a valid driver's license and be insurable under our company's motor vehicle insurance plan. In order to be insurable, you must not have had the following within the past three years: More than three moving violations, more than two accidents, issued any ticket for speeding over 80MPH or 21MPH over the posted speed limit, or more than one accident in any one year. Your driving record would be verified prior to employment.
We offer competitive wages, a competitive benefits package, a casual, and relaxed, but fast-paced environment. The position will generally work a standard, Monday-Friday business hour schedule, though occasionally some work past 5 p.m. is required. This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to gain experience in the legal field and understand the court process. Apply online at: Visit the website to apply.
Customer Service Representative - Galesburg, IL (3/9/17)
The Register-Mail has an opening for a full-time Customer Service Representative.This position will perform daily clerical tasks to assist department flow and operations to build a high standard of excellence in a fast paced environment.
The ideal candidate: Should have 1+ years experience in a customer service role working with the public, possess good oral and written communication skills, be computer savvy with proficiency in business programs such as Microsof Word and Excel. A competitive compensation package is available.
Join our team by sending resume or applying at: The Register-Mail 140 S. Prairie PO Box 310, Galesburg, IL 61401 or send a letter of interest with resume to: email@example.com.
Legal Administrative Assistant - Macomb, IL (3/2/17)
March, McMillan, DeJoode & Duvall, seeks a full-time legal administrative assistant. Requirements: proficient in document preparation, Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel), WordPerfect and dictation equipment (experience with Dragon is a plus). Successful applicant should possess good written and oral communication skills with a strong grasp of proper English, grammar and language along with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail; good organizational and people skills. Prior legal experience preferred. Background check is required for permanent employment. Please submit letter of application and resume. Applications are also accepted by mail, send to PO Box 443, Macomb, Illinois 61455.EEO Statement: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Administrative Assistant, Dining Services - Galesburg, IL (2/23/17)
Knox College seeks an Administrative Assistant in Dining Services. This is a 20 hour week, 10-month position reporting to the Assistant Director and/or Director of Dining Services.
Primary duties and responsibilities include the upkeep and maintenance of student and departmental services as they relate to student, staff and faculty ID cards, student employment & scheduling, student board plan participation, purchasing records, and other the activities and information reporting and data entry as they relate to these services, as well as the supply and maintenance of essential Dining Services front line materials such as order sheets, signage, informational materials for distribution and office supplies. This position includes other duties as assigned.
Requirements include High School diploma, Associates or Bachelor's degree in related field preferred; minimum two years work experience in high volume office environment. Preference given to three or more years of related experience; demonstrated ability in the use of computers and software with specific knowledge of Microsoft Office products, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Oracle/C-Board application and ID card systems.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, Employment Application, and Voluntary Applicant Self-Identification Form, which can be found at http://www.knox.edu/employment-at-knox, and contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Part Time Front Desk Receptionist - Monmouth, IL (2/13/17)
Monmouth College seeks applicants for a part-time front desk receptionist in the Admissions Office.
Working closely with other staff as part of our admission team, this part-time (approx. 25 hours per week, mid-August through mid-May), support staff position is responsible for a wide variety of office-related duties including, but not limited to: greeting campus visitors and taking proactive steps to ensure a quality campus visit, use shared database and stand-alone applications (e.g., Excel, Word, etc.) to coordinate efforts with other areas of the College, etc. Infrequent weekend and evening hours required.
In addition to possessing proficiency with information systems and software applications to fulfill related responsibilities in a satisfactory manner, successful candidate must be able to work independently and as a team member, work effectively with a wide variety of individuals in a public, multi-tasked, service-oriented environment. Position requires regular and predictable attendance on the job during scheduled hours. High school diploma also required.
Please see the full position description for complete information. Competitive hourly wage plus abbreviated benefit package including leave accrual and designated paid holidays. Send letter of application, resume and references to Michael McNall, Director of Personnel, Monmouth College, 700 East Broadway, Monmouth, IL 61462 or E-mail address: email@example.com.
Part-time Guest Services Position - Galesburg, IL (2/10/17)
Discovery Depot Children’s Museum is in need of a part-time customer service associate who will provide an outstanding visitor experience. The hours will vary depending upon program and event schedules and will include weekends and some evenings.
- Greeting and engaging visitors and answering questions about the museum exhibits, programs and offerings;
- Processing all admission sales, birthday party bookings and registration sales for museum events or programs;
- Assisting in increasing the museums membership base;
- Answering multi line phone to assist callers with information about the museum, programs, and services offered;
- Assisting with and finalizing gift shop sales;
- Operating cash register and maintaining POS system;
- Maintaining an inviting museum space, including resetting props and cleaning museum exhibit areas;
- Assisting as needed in programs and events;
- Providing outstanding customer service;
- Being able to handle problems and emergencies in a professional manner;
We are seeking enthusiastic candidates with knowledge and/or experience in:
- Customer service
- General office skills
- Strong attention to detail
Interested applicants may apply at the front desk of the museum or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Program Coordinator - Galesburg, IL (2/8/17)
Discovery Depot seeks applicants for a program coordinator position. Experience working with children in an educational setting. Degree in education preferred but not required. Management experience also preferred. Experience working in customer service is also a plus.
Job duties include creating, planning, prepping and instructing programs at the museum. Collaboration with staff, volunteers and community is required. This is a mgmt. level position and oversight of staff and volunteers is an expectation. Front desk duties, customer service and clean up from programming is part of the required job role. The job is between 15-25 hours per week and includes weekday, weekend and some evening hours. Salary range is $10 t0 $12 per hour.
Please send resume to email@example.com or stop in for an application- available at the front desk. Discovery Depot Children’s Museum, 128 S. Chambers St., Galesburg, IL 61401.
Smithfield Foods - Monmouth, IL (3/13/17)
Smithfield Foods is hiring for the following positions:
- Livestock Coordinator
Apply online at http://www.smithfield.com. Click on Careers.
Line Clearance Groundmen, Trimmers, and Foremen- Fill In - Galesburg, IL (3/9/17)
Wright Tree Service is accepting applications for fill-in Groundmen, Trimmers, and Foremen in Galesburg, IL. Wright Tree Service, an employee-owned company, serves utilities, specifically their vegetation management departments. Crews primarily perform utility line clearance, which means they prune trees and clear vegetation near power lines. Wright Tree Service was founded in 1933 and is headquartered in West Des Moines, Iowa. The company is separated into 10 geographic divisions and has more than 2,500 employees in 32 states. Safety is Wright Tree Service’s highest value. We are seeking candidates who have a good attitude, verifiable work history, and good driving record.
To apply, please go to http://www.wrighttree.com and submit an application through the careers tab. Wright Tree Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pre-employment drug screen is required. Job Type: Part-time | Required license or certification: Driver's License.
Hog Farm Position - Galesburg, IL (2/27/17)
Regular tasks include caring and feeding of pigs. Some light construction. A valid driver's license, reliable transportation, and clean record required. Must be able to work weekends. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Construction Crew - Galesburg, IL (2/27/17)
Cleary Building Corp seeks applicants for construction crew. Salary is $14-$17 per hour based on experience.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Simply show up and be willing to work hard
- Possess a valid driver's license
- Ability to work in out-door weather conditions
- Prior building trades experience helpful, but not necessary
- Willing to train the right candidates
Apply online at http://www.workforcleary.com to be considered for this position.
Delivery Driver - Galesburg, IL (3/22/17)
Casey's General Stores are hiring delivery drivers. Apply in person at each store or online at http://www.caseys.com. Click on Careers.
Frito Lay Detailer - Galesburg, IL (3/21/17)
The Part-Time Detailer is a part-time position that is responsible for merchandising Frito-Lay's complete line of quality products to existing accounts while driving your personal vehicle to a variety of store locations. Detailer hours vary based upon assigned route and average less than 20 hours per week. This includes weekend and holiday work.
The Detailer position offers: Competitive base pay and a flexible schedule.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo (Frito Lay) is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities/Females/Disability/Protected Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Apply online at: http://www.fritolayemployment.com
Package Handler - Galesburg, IL (2/27/17)
UPS is hiring a package handler. For a detailed description and to apply, visit http://www.upsjobs.com.
Delivery Driver/Warehouse - Galesburg, IL (3/14/17)
Are you ready to work on a winning team? Join our team, Office Specialist Inc. is a leading regional office products company with 28 years of proven customer satisfaction and continual growth. Our offerings to our clients include office supplies, office furniture, business machines, janitorial supplies, food service products, printed goods and promotional items.
Full time position available 8-5 Monday through Friday for a local delivery route and warehouse helper.
- Applicant must have a good work ethic, neat appearance, excellent communication skills and good time management. Ability to do heavy lifting as needed (10-50 lbs. and occasionally move product more than 100 lbs.). Fork truck experience helpful. A clean driving record is required.
- Competitive compensation
- Employee Benefits including health coverage and 401k
Resumes may be emailed to email@example.com or apply in person at 143 E. Ferris St. Galesburg, Il 61401. OSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug free work place. Required license or certification - Driver's License.
Vice President of Academic Services - Galesburg, (February, 2017)
$86,010.00 - $98,220.00
Minimum Necessary Skills, Experience, and Educational Background
- Master's degree required, doctorate preferred.
- Five years' higher education experience required, experience in the Community College System required.
- Interpersonal skills essential
- Ability to communicate with all constituents: faculty, staff, students, contract partners, etc.
- Must be able to take initiative and lead a team, be a strategic thinker, and juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Valid driver's license required.
For a detailed job description, visit: www.sandburg.edu and then click Employment. To apply for the job, click Apply after viewing the job to create an account.
Infant/Toddler/Preschool Teacher - Galesburg, IL (2/28/17)
The Early Learning Center seeks energetic, responsive, and caring individuals to work in child care classrooms. The center works with children 6 weeks through preschool age and is open 6am to 6pm Monday through Friday. Candidates must be able to work in a team teaching environment, be flexible, and have a strong knowledge of child development.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing and planning all aspects of curriculum
- Maintaining a safe, healthy environment for the children
- Partnering and communicating with parents
- Documenting the children’s progress and accomplishments
- Collaborating with all co-workers and supervision
- Implement and maintain the mission of the Knox County YMCA
- AA/AS in Early Childhood Education, or
- 30 college credits, 6 specific to Early Childhood Education/Child Care, and 1 year experience or
- Preschool or Infant/Toddler CDA (Child Development Associate’s certificate)
- A Gateways to Opportunity Early Childhood Credential
- A Gateways to Opportunity Infant/Toddler Credential
Job Type - Part Time. Applicants can apply via Indeed or email resumes to Angie Olson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saint Louis University Positions - St. Louis, MO (2/20/17)
Saint Louis University is hiring for the following positions:
- Clinical Nurse - Vista Infusions (https://jobs.slu.edu/postings/11890)
- Medical Assistant - Internship (https://jobs.slu.edu/postings/6443)
- Clinical Quality Project Leader, TCPi (https://jobs.slu.edu/postings/10089)
Click on the links above for detailed job descriptions and to apply.
Assistant Rural Carrier (ARC) - Central Illinois District
United States Postal Service is hiring an assistant rural carrier (ARC). Salary $17.40 per hour (paid bi-weekly). Work is done indoors and outdoors. Various locations available. Scheduled work days: Sunday and USPS observed holidays. Hours: various.
Applicants must be at least 18 years of age (or 16 years of age with a high school diploma) at the time of appointment. Applicants must be able to pass drug screenng, criminal background and any other applicable Postal Service test Applicants must also be a U.S. citizen or have permanent resident alien status. The USPS is EOE.
Apply online at http://www.usps.com/careers. No paper applications will be accepted.
Optometric Assistants - Macomb, IL (3/23/17)
Professional Eyecare Center, located in Macomb, IL, is looking for an energetic, organized individual to be our next optometric assistant. This individual must be able to work well with our team to deliver a high quality patient experience. Experience is preferred, but not required. Competitive compensation and benefits package. Please email resumes to: email@example.com
Part-Time PBX Switchboard Operator - Galesburg, IL (3/21/17)
Galesburg Cottage Hospital seeks applicants for the position of PBX Switchboard Operator. Operates a switchboard or telephone console to route incoming calls and place outgoing calls. Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent with 0-2 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
- Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent with 2-4 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
Apply online at http://www.cottagehospital.com. Click on Employment.
Care Plan/MDS Assistant - Galesburg, IL (2/17/17)
Seminary Manor seeks a Care Plan/MDS Assistant. ($35,000 a year - Part-time)
Complete Care Plan & Resident Care Information Sheet with new resident admission. Complete assigned assessments with new resident admission, quarterly, significant change & annually. Complete assigned sections of the MDS upon admission, quarterly, significant change, & annually. Complete assigned CAA summaries with admission, significant change, & annually. Complete discharge & re-entry assessments. Review & update Care Plan & Resident Care Information Sheet quarterly & as needed. Other duties as assigned by MDS Coordinator. Must have LPN license.
Visit their website @ http://www.seminaryvillage.com to apply on-line or in-person at 2345 N. Seminary St. or call 344-1300 for more information on how to join their winning team.
Dental Hygienist - Bloomingdale, IL and Algonquin, IL
Aspen Dental is looking to fill multiple Full Time Dental Hygiene Positions with more opportunities coming later this year. We are currently looking to fill Bloomingdale, IL and Algonquin, IL. We offer insurance benefits, 401k, and even opportunity for a monthly hygiene incentive!
- Licensed and or Registered Dental Hygienist
- Ability to manipulate small instruments, supplies, and equipment with efficiency, dexterity, and exceptional hand-eye coordination
- Physical Requirements: Mostly sitting, standing, and/or bending for extended periods of time
Apply Online at http://www.aspendentaljobs.com.
Pharmacy Technician (Non Certified) - Galesburg, IL (2/13/17)
RX Career Center is hiring a Non-Certified Pharmacy Technician for HyVee.
Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service. Assist pharmacists in the preparation and distribution of prescription medications. Licensed, through a national certification program, as a pharmacy technician.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent. Working towards a licensed technician certification through a certified national program. Previous experience as a pharmacy technician or pharmacy clerk is preferred.
For a detailed job description and to apply, visit: http://www.rxcareercenter.com
Seminary Manor Positions - Galesburg, IL (2/8/17)
Seminar Manor is hiring CNAs, an Activities Assistant and a Dietary Aide. Visit their website @ http://www.seminaryvillage.com to apply on-line or in-person at 2345 N. Seminary St. or call 344-1300 for more information on how to join our winning team.
RNs, LPNs and CNAs - Morton, IL (2/1/17)
Morton Terrace HRC is now hiring qualified RN’s, LPN’s and CNA’s. Seeking motivated full and part time candidates for ALL SHIFTS. *flexible schedules *competitive wages | *benefits package *performance incentives. Please apply in person at Morton Terrace HRC | 191 East Queenwood | Morton, IL 61550 | 309-266-5331. Contact Tara, DON Or Jennifer, ADON
Full Time LPN - Galesburg, IL (1/27/17)
Hawthorne Inn Assisted Living is looking for a full-time LPN for 2nd shift to add to our growing team. 401K with Company Match , Health, Dental & Vision Insurance plans available plus many other benefits. Apply in person or contact Bridgette Teel @ (309) 343-5050 for more information.
CNAs - Galesburg, IL (1/23/17)
Hawthorne Inn Assisted Living is looking for full-time CNA’s 1st & 2nd shift. Apply in person at 2245 North Seminary St., Galesburg.
Licensed Practical Nurses (2nd shift) - Galesburg, IL (1/11/17)
DD Homes is hiring full-time and part-time LPNs. This is your chance to work where work is better! You have worked hard; now have fun at work caring for individuals with developmental disabilities in their own homes.
- Nurse Student Loan Assistance (Up to $5,000)
- Competitive Salary | Health Insurance | Vision & Dental Insurance
- 401K with Company Match
- Accumulated Vacation (up to 5 weeks per year)
- Flexible Spending Account (Healthcare & Childcare)
- Prescription Medication Plan | Tuition Assistance | Cell Phone Discount
- CEU's Provided at No Cost | Day Work Hours | FUN at work
- Free Meals | Home-like Setting
- No Two Days the Same | Appreciative Environment | Direct Deposit
- Illinois LPN License | Previous Clinical Nursing Experience
- Valid Driver’s License | Ability to Pass a Criminal Background Check
DD Homes Network is a leading provider of residential services for adults with developmental disabilities in Illinois. We help adults with disabilities live life to the fullest! For more information, please visit our website at https://ddhomes.net/employment.php
Housekeeper/Room Attendant - Galesburg, IL (3/8/17)
Janko Hospitality seeks a housekeeper/room attendant for the Holiday Inn Express. Apply online at http://www.jankohotels.com. Click on Career Opportunities.
Guest Breakfast Attendant - Monmouth, IL (3/1/17)
AmericInn seeks to hire a guest breakfast attendant. Salary: $8.25 /hour (Part-Time). Hours start at 5:30 am - 12:00 pm approx. It is mostly Monday and Tuesday and every other weekend. Could be a few other days too depending on other attendant’s day off needs. Wanting to hire as soon as possible. Monitors and tends to breakfast buffet, ensuring an attractive presentation of the food and a clean surrounding area. Please stop in hotel to fill out application at 1 AmericInn Way, Monmouth, IL.
Security Officer - East Peoria, IL (3/21/17)
Par-A-Dice Casino seeks a security officer. Provide for the safety and security of guests, employees and property by patrolling and observing hotel, casino, and outdoor areas of the property. Respond to requests for assistance in cases of physical altercations, accidents, theft, or other disturbances or emergencies.
- Must be at least 21 years of age. Must be able to stand and walk for duration of shift. Six (6) months of prior experience preferred. Must have excellent customer service and communication skills. Must be able to obtain/maintain any necessary licenses and/or certifications
Apply online at http://www.boydcareers.com.
Weekend Security Officer - Galesburg, IL (3/6/17)
Carl Sandburg College seeks applicants for a full-time weekend security officer. $20,910.00 - $21,510.00 Annually
Minimum Necessary Skills, Experience, and Educational Background
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Valid driver's license.
- Two years security experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of computer systems and software, to include word processing, and spreadsheets.
- Good communication skills, both in person and over the phone.
For a detailed job description, visit: http://www.sandburg.edu and then click Employment. To apply for the job, click Apply after viewing the job to create an account.
Police Officer - Waterloo, IA (2/28/17)
The City of Waterloo is accepting resumes for police testing. Resumes can only be submitted by going to the City of Waterloo website: http://www.cityofwaterlooiowa.com, clicking on the Police Officer Recruit position, reading through the description and following the directions to submit your resume. We will not accept mailed, faxed, hand-delivered or directly emailed resumes. Deadline to submit resume is Noon on Friday, March 24, 2017. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Call 319-291-4303 with questions. A.A./E.E.O
General Maintenance - Monmouth, IL (2/27/17)
Monmouth College seeks to hire a full-time position responsible for a wide variety of general and routine maintenance tasks including, but not limited to: replacing light bulbs, fluorescent lamps and ballasts; minor electrical, plumbing and carpentry repairs; provide assistance as needed to electricians and other trades staff; operating motor vehicles including light-duty trucks; transport, install and remove window air conditioning units. Work schedule (40 hours per week, 3:00 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. with ½ hour off for meal, Tuesday through Saturday) is and will remain subject to change, and may include late-night/early-morning and Sunday call-ins.
In addition to possessing demonstrated abilities, skills or aptitude to complete above tasks and related responsibilities in a satisfactory manner, successful candidate must be able to work effectively with a wide variety of individuals in a public, multi-tasked, service-oriented environment. High school diploma, valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record required.
Competitive hourly wage plus attractive benefit package including group health insurance, retirement plan, and tuition benefits for eligible family members.
Apply in person at the Monmouth College Personnel Office (Poling Hall) from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (M-F, except holidays), or send letter of application, resume and references to Michael McNall, Director of Personnel, Monmouth College, 700 East Broadway, Monmouth, IL 61462 or E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Maintenance Worker - Galesburg, IL (2/17/17)
Seminary Manor seeks applicants for the position of maintenance worker. ($22,800 a year)
Responsible for general & preventative maintenance of interior & exterior of facility & equipment. Maintain facility vehicle in accordance with manufacturer's specifications & facility policies & procedures. Test fire safety, sprinkler, emergency lighting, and exit signs in accordance with state & federal regulations, and facility policies & procedures. Maintain lawn, tress, & shrubbery, including but not limited to mowing, weeding, trimming, watering, etc. Perform other duties as assigned by Maintenance Supervisor.
Visit their website @ http://www.seminaryvillage.com to apply on-line or in-person at 2345 N. Seminary St. or call 344-1300 for more information on how to join their winning team.
Summer Help - Galesburg, IL (3/21/17)
WestRock seeks summer help. WestRock Company (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 39,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 250 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, and Asia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
Summer Temporary Employment General Requirements:
- Full time College Students (must provide proof of enrollment)
- Must be at least 18 years of age (must provide proof)
- Pass contingent background and drug screen checks
The ideal candidate will be of strong character and integrity, positive, flexible, dependable, committed to working safely, have a strong work ethic, quality conscience, able to be on their feet for 8 to 12 hours per day, work 5 to 7 days per week, and have the desire & ability to work in a fast paced, non-air conditioned environment.
Job Description Summary:
General labor - Safely perform a wide range of general labor jobs and tasks at the WestRock corrugated box manufacturing facility located in Galesburg, IL.
Tasks will include, but are not limited to, stacking corrugated product, performing quality checks, setting-up equipment, cleaning and organizing, other miscellaneous work as assigned, etc.
- Ability to learn how to operate various manufacturing equipment, follow specific direction, operate power hand tools, and other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a clean & organized work environment.
- Ability to read a tape measure and have basic math and computer skills.
- Ability to work safely and comply with all safety regulations.
- Ability to lift, push and pull 50 lbs, climb stairs, stand, walk, bend, and kneel throughout an entire 8 to 12 hour shift.
- Required to work daily overtime, weekend work and various shifts depending on your position and the company’s needs.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Apply online at http://www.westrock.com. Click on Careers.
Galesburg Castings Positions - Galesburg, IL (1/9/17)
Galesburg Castings is hiring for the following positions:
- CNC operator: Full time, 1st shift. Must have experience running Horizontal and/or Vertical CNC machines, 2+ years’ experience preferred. Person must be able to work in a self-paced environment, with a quality minded attitude.
- Accountant: Looking for a full time accountant. Degree required in accounting, with experience in a manufacturing environment preferred. Must have in-depth knowledge of accounting software, such as MAS90 or Sage and strong skills with excel. Responsibilities include Accounts Payable/Receivable functions, on-line deposits, invoicing, maintaining the General Ledger and the company budget. Use of quickbooks is not a qualification for this position. 5+ years’ experience required.
- General Labor: We are looking to fill multiple positions in the foundry, including a floating position. This position will train the right candidate to operate multiple pieces of equipment to assist with rotation and backup of all foundry equipment. Requires someone with excellent machine operation experience, ability to perform general math and science skills. Operator will be required to drive fork trucks and skid loaders, perform multiple tasks as assigned and must be able to continuously learn new responsibilities. Full time 1st shift and future second shift opportunities available.
- Safety Coordinator: looking for a safety minded person to manage the companies overall safety and human resources position. Must have current experience with all OSHA and EPA regulations, including maintaining OSHA logs. Responsibilities will be performing all required safety training, maintaining a safe/environmentally courteous facility and providing continual improvement of the ergonomics of the organization. Will also assist with hiring and HR functions of the workforce. 3-5 years’ experience required.
Apply in person at Galesburg Castings, 940 Ave. C, Galesburg, IL; through email at Nick@galesburgcastings.com.
Smithfield Food Positions - Monmouth, IL (3/24/17)
Smithfield Food has the following positions open:
- Plant MRO Inventory Specialist-2nd shift
- General Production (multiple openings)
- Livestock Coordinator-2nd shift
For detailed job descriptions and to appy for the positions, visit http://www.smithfield.com. Click on Careers.
Page Designer - Galesburg, IL (3/15/17)
The Register-Mail in Galesburg is seeking a page designer to help lay out news pages for multiple newspapers. Design skills and aptitude required. Experience with InDesign and QuarkXpress a plus. Designer will also use Photoshop and Acrobat. Job is full-time and comes with a full range of benefits.
Please send resume and sample of work to: email@example.com
Perkins Positions - Galesburg, IL (3/21/17)
Perkins is hiring for the following positions:
- Bus Person
- Kitchen Leader
- Dish Person
- Lead Cook
- Service Leader
- Prep Person
Apply online at: http://www.perkinsrestaurants.com. Click on Careers (located at bottom of page)
Team Members - Galesburg, IL (3/21/17)
The new Burger King coming soon to Galesburg seeks team members.
- Ability to adapt and follow instructions as required.
- Willing to accomplish all restaurant tasks.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to interact productively with co-workers and function well in a team environment.
- Ability to receive constructive criticism in a professional manner.
- Ability to multi-task and learn quickly.
- Must be at least sixteen (16) years of age.
- Customer service mentality.
- High energy.
Buffalo Wild Wings Positions - Galesburg, IL (3/13/17)
Buffalo Wild Wings is hiring for numerous positions (host, cashier, manager, server, dishwasher, bartender, etc.) Apply online at http://www.jointeamBWW.com.
Pizza Ranch Positions - Galesburg, IL (2/27/17)
Pizza Ranch is hiring for the following positions:
- Team Member - Front of House
- Team Member – Back of House
- Delivery Driver
Apply online at: http://www.pizzaranch.com. Click on Careers.
DTS Lead - Galesburg, IL (3/22/17)
Big Lots is hiring for the position of DTS Lead.
Primarily responsible for leading the freight team and provides leadership, planning, and direction during sales floor merchandising preparation, truck unload, stocking, ticketing, and backroom organization processes in the store. Works side by side with the freight team, but maintains accountability for truck unload, freight-processing, merchandising metrics and presentation standards in the store. Leads and provides direction to store associates performing all cashiering, customer service, recovery and furniture-related activities on the sales floor, when serving as the Manager on Duty. Occasionally required to run a cash register, perform customer service on the sales floor, or assist with recovery as needed. Works collaboratively with store leadership to accomplish store merchandising goals and tasks.
Team Member - Knoxville, IL (3/22/17)
The Knoxville, IL Casey's General Store is hiring a Team Member. Apply in person at Casey’s General Store in Knoxville or online at http://www.caseys.com and click on Careers
Lowes Positions - Galesburg, IL (3/13/17)
Lowes is hiring for the following positions:
- Store Seasonal Employees
Apply online at http://www.lowes.com/careers or visit the store and apply at the kiosk.
Hy-Vee Positions - Galesburg, IL (3/13/17)
HyVee is hiring for the following positions:
- Baker Designer (closes 3/17/17)
- Online Shopper (closes 3/17/17)
- Chinese Express Clerk (closes 3/17/17)
- Kitchen Clerk (closes 3/17/17)
- Delicatessen Clerk (closes 3/17/17)
- Meat & Seafood Service Clerk (Main St. Store) - closes 3/17/17
- Courtesy Clerk (Main St. Store)
Apply online at: http://www.hy-vee.com and click on Careers.
Garden Center Merchandiser - Galesburg, IL (3/10/17)
Plant Essentials is a live-nursery merchandising company currently staffing for the 2017 season in Galesburg, IL.
We are looking for garden center merchandisers to work in major big box retail locations. If you enjoy working with plants, being outdoors, and want to work for a dynamic company with great opportunity, then join our team. We offer competitive pay rates and customizable schedules!
Full time and Part time opportunities are available for merchandiser positions with varying hours throughout the year. Our general laborers assist nursery personnel by:
- Merchandising plants and seasonal products organized by category
- Unloading, moving and consolidating plants
- Setting retail displays and executing special projects and resets
The position requires:
- The ability to lift 50lbs repeatedly during any shift
- Walking, standing, bending, pushing and pulling
- Working outdoors
- Reliable transportation
- Consenting to a background check
The ideal candidate will have merchandising experience, horticulture knowledge or landscape experience; training is also available for enthusiastic gardeners and hardworking individuals with a desire to learn more about the lawn and garden industry. Merchandisers must also have a positive and professional attitude, reliable transportation, home/cellular phone contact, valid e-mail address, and be able to pass required background check.
Learn more about us and the work we do at http://www.plantessentials.info. Click on Jobs.
Product Information Specialist - Galesburg, IL (3/9/17)
Blick Art Materials seeks applicants for the position of product information specialist.
Overall Purpose and Main Objectives:
Provide product information and technical assistance with art materials and techniques to customers and internal departments via phone, e-mail, and any other correspondence.
- Provide accurate and thorough verbal and written product information to customers, Customer Care Representatives, and retail stores.
- Troubleshoot customer issues
- Review new and existing product.
- Monitor various websites for comments and reviews, post responses and provide follow up as needed.
- Create and edit web content.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma required; 4 year college degree or associates degree related to Art desired, however equivalent hands-on art experience may be substituted.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of art materials and processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attentiveness to duties and details.
- Strong PC/data entry skills.
- Flexibility in work schedule.
- Team player and ability to work well with employees from all levels.
- Possess internet navigation skills.
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Customer Service Representative - Galesburg, IL (3/9/17)
The Register-Mail has an opening for a full-time Customer Service Representative. This position will perform daily clerical tasks to assist department flow and operations to build a high standard of excellence in a fast paced environment.
The ideal candidate: Should have 1+ years’ experience in a customer service role working with the public, possess good oral and written communication skills, be computer savvy with proficiency in business programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel. A competitive compensation package is available.
Join our team by sending resume or applying at: The Register-Mail 140 S. Prairie PO Box 310, Galesburg, IL 61401 or send a letter of interest with resume to: email@example.com.
Assistant Meat Manager - Monmouth, IL (3/8/17)
County Market seeks applicants for the position of assistant meat manager.
- Assist customers and promote customer satisfaction 100% of the time.
- Responsible for developing, implementing and coordinating aggressive and creative merchandising plans which maximize sales and variety.
- Understand and use the 5 basics to increase sales.
- Assist with production, stocking and display building.
- Supervise Meat Department Associates to ensure efficient labor utilization and effectiveness in meeting department objectives
- Responsible for receiving, invoicing, pricing, shrink control and inventory to ensure proper product control and that gross profit goals are met.
- Supervise department safety and sanitation programs.
- Develop effective daily/weekly work plan based on weekly sales projections and budgeted labor goals
- Perform Meat Department personnel functions; interviews, hires, training, performance reviews. Recommends and administers corrective actions as appropriate.
- Responsible for pulling the meat cases by color, quality and dates.
- Communicate effectively with the Store Director and Associates.
- Meat experience
- Customer minded
- Product minded
- Personnel minded
- Detail minded
- Open minded
- Good organizational skills
- Good planning skills
- Creative merchandising ability
Apply at http://www.myCountyMarket.com
Full-Time Broadband Specialist I - Abingdon, IL (3/6/17)
Mediacom seeks to hire a full-time broadband specialist I.
- Entry level; 0 to 18 months experience.
- High school diploma or GED required. Trade school training preferred.
- Valid driver’s license; satisfactory driving record required.
- Ability to interpret and correctly fill out various work order forms provided by the Company.
- Ability to interact with customers and co-workers; ability to communicate verbally.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions and at various heights.
- Ability to work flexible work hours, including evenings, weekends, holidays and overtime as required.
- You'll get formal training, company vehicle, company uniforms, tools, netbook, cell phone, health, dental, vision, generous discounts on services, education reimbursement, 401(k) with company match, pay increases through self-guided study and more!
For more information: visit online at: http://www.mediacomcable.com/careers and search under IL.
Cashiers - Galesburg, IL (3/3/17)
Hi-Lo Grocery in Galesburg is looking for friendly and reliable part time cashiers to join our team. Please stop in for an application at our customer service desk - 931 S. Seminary St., Galesburg.
Bergner's Positions - Galesburg, IL (3/3/17)
Bergners is hiring for the following positions: Shoe Sales Associate and Retail Sales Associate. For detailed job descriptions and to apply, visit: http://www/careers.bonton.com or apply in person at 1150 West Carl Sandburg Drive, Galesburg.
Loves Truck Stop Positions - Knoxville, IL (2/27/17)
Loves Truck Stop is hiring for the following positions:
- Customer Services – Restaurant
- Custodian – Retail
- Customer Service Cashier – Retail
- Assistant Manager – Restaurant
Apply online at: http://www.loves.com. Click on Careers.
Target Positions - Galesburg, IL (2/27/17)
Target is hiring for the following positions:
- Visual Merchandiser
- Logistics Team Member
Apply online at http://www.target.com. (Click on More and then Careers located at bottom of page) or visit the store’s kiosk at 1071 W Carl Sandburg Drive - Galesburg.
Kohls Positions - Galesburg, IL (2/17/17)
Kohls is hiring for the following positions:
- Retail Sales Associate
- Part-Time Customer Service Associate
- Part-Time POS Associate
- Part Time Fulfillment Associate
For detailed job descriptions and to apply, visit http://www.kohlscareers.com. Click on Search Our Jobs.
Retail Sales Representative - Galesburg, IL (3/21/17)
Verizon seeks a retail sales representative.
We want our customers to feel loyal-we want to be their favorite and only technology provider. As a Verizon Retail Sales Representative, or what we like to call a Solutions Specialist, you'll create that feeling! With your sales expertise, love for technology and excellent customer service skills, you'll create the ultimate in-store experience and turn our customers into lifelong fans.
- Actively listen to customers and then sell solutions that are exactly what they need.
- Excite customers about how new solutions can affect their lives.
- Teach customers the best things about their products so they can immediately enjoy them.
- Build customer relationships-earn their loyalty and trust.
- Use your passion for technology and resourcefulness to generate sales.
- At least a two-year degree or one year of relevant experience.
- Flexible schedule availability to work evenings and weekends.
Better yet, you'll also have:
- Demonstrated ability to sell, meet goals and if you've worked in a commission-based sales environment, that's a big plus.
- Experience with new technology and the possibilities it creates. You're always discovering the latest products and services.
- Experience solving customers' problems.
- Military training and experience.
Apply online at http://www.careersatverizonwireless.com
Sales Support (Full time) - Galesburg, IL (3/21/17)
The Fastenal Company would like to invite ambitious, hard-working individuals to apply for the position of Full-Time Sales Support. Applicants should be able to bring new ideas and improvements to business practices, work well both independently and as part of a team, and show respect to co-workers, customers, vendors, and visitors in the workplace while demonstrating Fastenal's core values of Ambition, Innovation, Integrity, and Teamwork.
Working as Full-Time Sales Support, you must have a strong interest in sales and enjoy working in a fast-paced challenging environment. This is an entry level position that will provide assistance to our customers from our store located at 841 Enterprise Ave., Galesburg, IL 61401.
The duties and responsibilities of this position are service-based and will present new and diverse challenges daily. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with sales/customer service
- Managing inventory
- Placing and fulfilling orders
- Receiving and shipping inventory
- Performing deliveries with company vehicle
REQUIRED POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
The following skills and qualifications are required for this position:
- 18 years of age or over
- A valid driver's license and the ability to meet our driving record requirements
- Possess or are working towards an Associate's Degree in Business/Marketing OR have equivalent industry experience and knowledge of the local market
- A strong aptitude for sales and a desire to sell
- Strong computer skills and math aptitude
- Ability to lift, slide and lower packages that typically weigh 25lbs-50lbs and may weigh up to 75lbs
- Ability to pass the required drug screen (applicable in the US, Puerto Rico, and Guam ONLY)
PREFERRED POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
- An interest in career advancement.
Fastenal offers a competitive benefits package to all full-time employees. This package includes Health, Life, Long Term Disability, and Dental Insurance, in addition to, paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, and 401(k) with a profit sharing contribution.
Apply online at https://careers.fastenal.com/
Sales Associate - Galesburg, IL (3/15/17)
This position is responsible for supporting the sales efforts at a Sherwin-Williams paint store, servicing wholesale and retail customers. It will assist customers in person and over the phone by determining needs and presenting appropriate products and services. This involves ensuring that sales transactions are completed accurately, maintaining accurate work order files and formulas, pulling appropriate products from the sales floor or warehouse, and tinting and mixing them to customer specifications. This position will also stock shelves and set up displays, clean store equipment, and load and unload trucks. It may also assist in making deliveries if necessary.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status.
- Must be able to retrieve material from shelves and floor stacks and lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to tint paint, therefore, must be able to distinguish the difference between colors.
- Must be able to operate a computer and communicate via the telephone.
- High school diploma or comparable certification (e.g. GED).
- Prior experience in a sales or customer service position.
- Customer service skills, including problem solving and handling customer complaints.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Apply online at http://www.sherwin.com/careers.
Sales Associate - Galesburg, IL (2/27/17)
Slumberland seeks applicants for the position of sales associate.
Tremendous Rewards -- Our Guarantee:
At Slumberland, here's what you get:
- Commission pay structure with guaranteed minimum - no draw
- Average fulltime income of $48,000
- Excellent compensation potential- top performers can and do earn six-figures annually
- Flexible full-time and part-time hours.
Outstanding Support -- We Really Do Care:
You don't want to just work at a job. You're looking for a career -- a career with scope for growth and earning potential. If you're serious about success, we'll support you every step of the way. We provide:
- A world class training program with two weeks of hands-on, face-to-face training
- Ongoing sales training to keep you up-to-date on the newest and best
- A caring company that promotes from within and provides loads of advancement opportunity
- The potential for franchise ownership
- An environment where employees tend to stay because, quite frankly, it's a fun, supportive and fantastic place to work
Applications available in store located at 1270 North Henderson St. Galesburg, IL 61401 or send Cover Letter and Resume to Margaret.Kidd@slumberland.com
Sales Assistant Manager - Galesburg, IL (2/27/17)
Rent-A-Center seeks applicants for a sales assistant manager position.
- Must be at least 19 years of age
- High school diploma or GED
- Retail experience preferred
- Sales and collections experience a plus
- Friendly with exceptional communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Valid state driver’s license and good driving record
- Must be able to lift and move (push/pull) heavy items and merchandise as needed
- Typically works 38-40 hours a week depending on business needs
For a detailed job description and to apply, visit: http://www.raccareers.net click on “Search Jobs Now.”
Seasonal Recreational Positions - Galesburg, IL (2/16/17)
The City of Galesburg seeks interested applicants to fill seasonal recreation positions in the Department of Parks and Recreation. These part-time temporary/seasonal positions will begin between May 1 and June 1, 2017, and continue for a maximum of 1,000 hours worked over the summer season, generally May through September. ($8.25 an hour - Part-time, Temporary)
General Description of the Positions
- These positions assist in the City’s recreational programs and depending on the specific assignment, function as scorekeepers, nature camp instructors, concession clerks and recreation attendants, assisting permanent City employees in the Recreation Division.
- Must be at least 16 years of age; 18 years of age is preferred for some positions.
- If under age 18, a valid Employment Certificate (work permit) from the High School is required.
- A valid Illinois Driver’s License is preferred.
Required Skill and Ability
The successful applicant must possess the ability to:
- Must obtain CRP/First Aid/AED certification within two weeks of hire.
- Read, write and understand the English language.
- Read, interpret and apply policies and procedures, and follow instructions.
- Comply with all City and Departmental safety rules and regulations.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with the public and co-workers.
- Perform moderate recreational activity in an outdoor environment.
To apply, all interested applicants must complete an electronic application for employment through the City’s website at http://www.ci.galesburg.il.us.