The Pipe Welder Specialist Certificate program is designed to provide students a hands-on specialty welding certificate that emphasizes training and the mastery of welding techniques in pipe welding. Students will specialize in ARC and TIG welding and build skill proficiencies aligned with American Welding Society Level II Welder Standards.
Industrial & Manufacturing
Area industrial leaders, Carl Sandburg College, and the Galesburg Business and Technology Center have joined forces to provide state-of-the-art industrial training. The Center for Manufacturing Excellence (CME) offers a variety of industrial training opportunities for employees of area industries, as well as for the general public. The 30,000-square-foot Center for Manufacturing Excellence facility is located on the Main Campus of Carl Sandburg College in Galesburg to house short-term and long-term industrial training programs and a manufacturing incubator. Cutting-edge technology will allow companies to meet their customers’ needs and demands.
- Increased training opportunities for existing employees
- Faster turn-around times for necessary employee training
- State-of-the-art training for the region
- Reduced travel costs associated with employee training
- Increased labor pool to replace retiring workers
- Increased selection for new hires
- Overall increased quality of work force
- Overall increased quality of manufacturing in western Illinois
- Increased technical expertise of existing work force
Admission to the Program: Open
- Complete an application for admission and, if desired, apply for financial aid.
- Send an official high school transcript or GED score report to the Admissions and Records Office.
- Complete the placement exam.
- Meet with an advisor/counselor to select classes and complete the registration process.