Oct. 31, 2012
GALESBURG—Registration begins Nov. 5 for the 2013 spring semester at Carl Sandburg College. In-district and online student tuition for Sandburg is $138 per credit hour. One year of tuition at Sandburg can help you save more than $6,000 over attending a four-year public college and more than $26,000 over attending a four-year private college.
Online registration for the spring semester ends at midnight Jan. 13 and classes begin Jan. 14. Complete the following steps if you would like to take classes this spring at Sandburg:
1. Contact the Carl Sandburg College Welcome Center on the Main Campus in Galesburg at 309.345.3500 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Complete the Carl Sandburg College application for admission at www.sandburg.edu.
3. Request an official high school transcript or an official GED score report to be sent to the Sandburg records office, 2400 Tom L. Wilson Blvd., Galesburg, Ill., 61401. Official transcripts must be sent directly from each post-secondary institution attended, including colleges from which courses were taken while enrolled in high school.
4. Complete the COMPASS placement exam. Test dates are listed at www.sandburg.edu.
5. Complete the new student online orientation.
6. Schedule an appointment to meet with a counselor to register for classes. Appointments can be made by calling 309.345.3500 for the Main Campus in Galesburg, 217.357.3129 for the Branch Campus in Carthage or 309.772.2177 for the Extension Center in Bushnell. Make your appointment as soon as possible to have the best chance of getting into the classes you’d like to take.
Offices are open for registration from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. The Main Campus will also have extended registration hours until 7 p.m. Jan. 7-10 and Jan. 14-15. Evening appointments at the Branch Campus and the Extension Center are available upon request.
Carl Sandburg College serves more than 3,400 students throughout three locations in west-central Illinois, offers seven university transfer programs, 16 associate in applied science programs, 18 certificate programs and six advanced certificate programs and was recently named No. 1 in the nation for digital technology among community colleges its size. For more information, visit www.sandburg.edu.