Scholarship applications are due by 5:00 p.m. on March 1.
To apply for scholarships, visit the CSC STARS Scholarship Application website.
(Link opens on December 1st and closes March 1st)
CSC Stars Scholarship Application process is now closed for the 2012-2013 academic year. The application process will open again on December 1st for the following academic year. For questions, please call the Foundation office. Thank you.
How to Apply for a CSC Foundation Scholarship – NEW!
1. Log on to the CSC STARS Scholarship Application website (http://stars.sandburg.edu/stars) and complete the student profile and questionnaire. The responses provided will help the process sort through the scholarships and show only those that apply to the criteria provided in the profile and questionnaire. Scholarship information is provided with each scholarship on the website, as well as on the CSC website here.
Note: Paper applications are no longer accepted by the CSC Foundation. All students wishing to apply for scholarships must use the CSC STARS Scholarship Application website and submit applications electronically.
Each scholarship requires a separate application, however the website saves the provided information in the student profile and questionnaire and automatically generates applications for the scholarships being applied for—making applying for multiple scholarships much more simple and straightforward.
The CSC STARS Scholarship Application website will be open starting December 1st and will close March 1st. Applications submitted before December 1st or after March 1st in the same academic year will not be accepted.
All CSC Foundation scholarships are awarded for the following academic year (i.e. current academic year is 2011-2012, scholarships will be awarded for the 2012-2013 academic year). Awarded scholarships are contingent on the student enrolling and attending Carl Sandburg College in the following Fall/Spring semesters.
2. As of December 1st, 2011 copies of transcripts are not required to be attached to the student profile on the CSC STARS Scholarship Application website. If you still wish to do so, please read the instructions below:
At the end of the questionnaire, there is a section to upload and attach transcripts to the student profile. Transcripts can be uploaded in a couple of ways: Obtain hard copies of all transcripts and scan them into a computer. Save these scanned images as either JPEG or PDF and add them through the attachment process on the website. Or, many high schools and colleges allow students to request and obtain transcripts electronically, which can be sent directly to an email account and saved to a computer. Follow the attachment process on the website once the emailed transcripts have been saved to a computer.
Note: Carl Sandburg College requires transcripts to be provided when a student applies to the College for enrollment. If you have not submitted your transcripts to the registrar's office, please read below to learn which transcripts you will need to submit:
High School: If you have graduated from high school within the past five years, provide an official high school transcript to the registrar's office. (Transcripts must be obtained from the high school.) If you graduated five years ago or more, no high school transcript is required.
Transfer Student/Attended Other College: If you transferred to CSC from another college or university or you have attended another college prior to CSC, your college academic transcripts must be sent to the registrar's office.
GED/Alternate High School Diploma:
If you have completed a GED or received a high school diploma from an alternative program, proof of completion must be provided to the registrar's office.
3. Answer the brief essay questions required for all scholarships on the website. Students only need to answer these essays once as the process will attach them to each scholarship applied for. Responses should outline educational goals and why the scholarship is deserved. (If a student must meet specific criteria to be eligible for a scholarship, please include this information in the essay.)
4. Check to make sure that all required information has been submitted on the appropriate from for each scholarship being applied for. Students may save and exit the process at any time and return later to finish or update their information before March 1st.
5. All required information must be received on the CSC STARS Scholarship Application website and/or in the Foundation Office by 5:00 pm on March 1, unless otherwise specified.
*Scholarships that require a special application should be mailed or personally delivered to:
CSC Foundation Office
(E 201) 2400 Tom L. Wilson Blvd.
Galesburg, IL 61401