The mission of Carl Sandburg College is to provide all students with opportunities for Success.
Where dreams come to life, and lives come to change.
A. Student Access and Success
1. Create, market, and implement educational programs to meet the needs of our district.
2. Create opportunities for students of all backgrounds to have access to higher education.
3. Prepare students for their educational goals.
4. Create and provide curricula and student services to ensure graduation.
5. Create opportunities for lifelong learning.
B. Teaching and Learning
1. Monitor, assess, and make changes to promote student learning.
2. Monitor, assess, and make changes to maximize student retention and learning.
3. Monitor and evaluate student outcomes.
4. Reaffirm a commitment to an environment that recognizes the need for diversity.
5. Create opportunities for all within the College community to interact with understanding, appreciation, and respect for others.
C. Community Alliances
1. Expand partnerships with four-year colleges and universities.
2. Continue to work with K-12 school districts.
3. Develop programs in cooperation with neighboring institutions.
4. Maintain and expand alliances within and beyond the College district.
5. Support economic development activities.
D. Operational Sustainability and Excellence
1. Develop Enrollment Management plan to stabilize and guide the institution's enrollment.
2. Establish and maintain effective technology in academic programs and support functions.
3. Upgrade employee skills in use of technology.
4. Continue to lead the way in technology.
5. Establish/maintain an operating fund balance equal to 20 percent of the previous year's adopted budget.
6. Maintain a competitive compensation program to enable the College to attract and retain a quality workforce.
7. Monitor, evaluate, and respond to needs of the physical environment.
8. Commit to all feasible sustainability efforts.